HOW TO CREATE A PINTEREST BOARD FOR INTERIOR DESIGN
Here at Tinto Architecture we love to take a look at some of the latest trends to inspire our clients when they are thinking about making a structural addition to their home.p
If you have never used Pinterest, it is an amazing social media tool that can equip you with almost all the interior design tools, information, design and ‘how to’ guides you will need in a cloud-based format.
Working as a virtual pin board or mood board, you can imagine your new space with all the latest tones, fabrics and textures.
To create an interior design Pinterest board of your own, take a look at our short guide. Happy pinning!
- If you haven’t used Pinterest before, you’ll need to set up an account. It’s really simple. Either link with your Facebook account or register with a separate login and password. Pinterest says it takes just 15 seconds to sign up, so it’s no chore!
- Next you might be asked to choose some interests so that Pinterest can start showing you some existing boards and pins which you might find interesting on the home feed. We selected ‘Home Décor’ and ‘Architecture’.
Creating a board:
- Click on your name at the top right.
- You will then see an option to create a board with a + sign on it.
- Next, you’ll need to tell people a little about your board so they can find it and share ideas with you and vice versa. This includes naming your board, a description and what kind of board it is. Take note that if you want to, you can keep your board a secret. This means that others viewing your profile won’t be able to see what you pin. Handy if you want to keep a new project a surprise!
- You are then ready to type in whatever you are looking for into the subject bar. For example, you might want to search for ‘wooden flooring’ or ‘living room décor.
- If you aren’t sure what you’re searching for, you can search the category instead, which is full of inspiration from other ‘pinners’. There is a category named ‘home décor’ or there is also a category called ‘architecture’.
- When something cool takes your fancy, all you have to do is click ‘pin’ on the top left and choose the appropriate board that you have created for interior design ideas.
- After a few pins you will then start to see your board take shape. Brilliant!
That’s all there is to it! The world is your interior design oyster! Why not show us some of your inspiration when deciding on the right space for you. We’d love to see your dream so we can help make it a reality!
Remember to give Tinto Architecture a follow too!